- 225g raw potato (best with agria potatoes)
- 65g flour
- 60g finely grated parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of each herb- rosemary, thyme, 1 bay leaf
- Fresh mozzarella (if this isn’t on your plan, use a single portion of tofu)
Add potatoes with the skins on to boiling salted water and cook until soft. Once cooled, peel off the skin. Put potato through a potato ricer or mash. Combine mashed potato with flour, parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to form a soft and sticky dough.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Make the sauce while you wait! Add the onions and garlic to a heated pan with spray olive oil and cook until soft. Add the tin of tomatoes and herbs and cook until reduced.
Divide the dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a ½-inch thick rope. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and gently stir the pot. Cook the gnocchi until they float to the top surface of the water (about 2 minutes).
Combine the gnocchi with the sauce (remove the bay leaf) and serve with the fresh mozzarella on top.