Aquafaba is the liquid from tinned chickpeas. We often throw this goodness away, but it has various surprising uses. It is a great low-calorie, low-fat and dairy free substitute for whipped cream and whisked egg whites without compromising on taste. There is a little bit more prep work, but it will be well worth it. Give this ambrosia with a twist a go!
- 950g (1 tub) plain Anchor Protein Plus yoghurt
- Aquafaba from 2 tins of chickpeas – save the chickpeas for hummus or a salad!
- 500g berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 block of Lindt chocolate (70% cacao or greater), roughly chopped
- 70g (1 pack) of Double D Sugar Free Marshmallows
Whip aquafaba until it reaches a soft-peaks, gently fold in all other ingredients. This recipe serves 10. Use one serve to replace a 200 calorie snack!