- Spray oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp Ground coriander
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp of chili (optional)
- Chickpeas as per protein portion from plan
- Veges e.g. Zucchini, eggplant, capsicum or other vegetables as desired
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- Couscous as per carb portion of plan
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
Fry onion and garlic in spray oil until golden. Add cumin, coriander, cinnamon and chili and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the chickpeas and vegetables and fry until coated in spices and are starting to cook through.
Add the stock, tomatoes and lemon juice and zest and simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked, adding more stock if required.
Whilst this is simmering mix couscous and turmeric and cook as per packet instructions
Serve with couscous and garnish with parsley
Optional: Garnish with slithered almonds as per plan.