- 2 tsp olive oil
- Tempeh, grated (as per 2 times the protein portion on your plan)
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp of each rosemary and thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1T tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta (as per 2 times the RAW carb portion on your plan)
Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add oiI. Add tempeh and cook until golden, this may need to be done in batches. Add onion and garlic, and continue to cook until softened. Add the tinned tomato, herbs, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Leave to simmer, the longer you can leave it to simmer the better.
Boil pasta and serve with bolognese sauce and veggies on the side.
*Tip: to bulk this meal up and make it more filling or hide some veggies from the kids, grate a courgette and carrot and add to the pan as you add the onion and garlic. You won’t know it’s there!