- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 3 sticks of celery, diced
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- lean beef mince
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 T tomato puree
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 low-salt beef stock cube, dissolved in 400 ml boiling water
- dried spaghetti
- 80 g hard cheese, grated
Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add spray with oil. Add onion, garlic, celery, and rosemary, and cook until onions are softened. Stir in the mince and cook until browned all over.
Add the tinned tomato, tomato puree, vinegar, bay leaves, and beef stock, season with salt and pepper. Reduce to a low heat, then cover and leave to simmer around 30 – 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the lid and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened. While this is cooking, cook spaghetti as per pack directions and prepare your favourite vegetables.
Serve topped with a sprinkle of cheese.