- 2 small brown onions (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1T cumin
- 1/2T turmeric
- 1t ground chilli
- 400g tin of crushed tomatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 packets of baby spinach (or about two bunches of fresh spinach)
- Chicken thigh (fat removed), diced – as per the portion on your plan
- Cooked rice – as per the portion on your plan
Sauté diced onions in a non-stick pan with the garlic and spices for 2 minutes. Place in a blender and add the tomatoes and spinach. Blend until smooth. Set aside. Brown chicken thighs in a non-stick pan. Once browned add the spinach mixture from the blender and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve on rice.
Sauce makes enough for 4 serves.
Gluten free. Dairy Free.
Can be made as a carb-free meal by replacing the rice with the cauliflower rice