- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 3 sticks of celery, diced
- Lean beef mince – as per your protein portion from your plan
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 low-salt beef stock cube, dissolved in 400ml boiling water
- Dried spaghetti – as per your carb portion from your plan
Optional extras for extra flavour:
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 T tomato purée
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- Hard cheese, grated – as per your fat portion from your plan
Coat a large saucepan with spray oil and put on a medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery and rosemary and cook until onions are softened.
Stir in the mince and cooked until browned all over. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, vinegar, bay leaves, and beef stock. Season. Reduce to a low heat, then cover and simmer for around 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened. While this is cooking, cook spaghetti as per pack directions and prepare your favourite vegetables.
Serve with a sprinkle of cheese.