- Wholemeal pita bread / or Farrahs, Gerry’s Wrap
- 2 T garlic & herb salt
- Lean beef mince, chicken mince or black beans
- Capsicums (any colour), diced
- ½ pkt New World Brand taco seasoning
- 1 t smoked paprika (can add more to desired taste)
- 2/3 c water
- 1 tomato, diced
- 50g cottage cheese / Greek natural unsweetened yoghurt
Recipe: Cut the pita/ wraps into triangles to make ‘chips’ and season with garlic and herb salt. Bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees until crisp. In a non-stick frying pan, brown mince. Add capsicum, taco seasoning, paprika, water and simmer for 5 minutes. When the sauce has thickened serve on pita bread chips and top with cottage cheese and diced tomato.
Try adding your favourite vegetables to the mince mix as it is a great way to increase your vegetable intake. Broccoli and courgettes are two of our favourites!