– 4 Serves
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 celery stick, cut into small cubes
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ t oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ packet of King’s minestrone soup mix
- 4 cups water
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Handful of silver beet or watercress
Homemade garlic bread – Ingredients:
- Pam’s pita pocket or bread (as per carb portion on your plan)
- 14g olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Don’t forget to add your protein:
We love prawns, slowed cooked beef and chickpeas! Use your protein portion on your plan.
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
In a pot, using a spray oil, cook the first six ingredients until the onion is transparent.
Add the soup mix, greens and water. Cook on high for 20 minutes.
While this is cooking, cut pita pockets in half and brush with olive oil and crushed garlic then sprinkle with rosemary and salt. Place in the oven and cook until just brown, roughly 5 minutes.
After the soup has been cooking for 20 minutes reduce heat and add your choice of protein.
Divide soup into bowls. Top with parsley and serve with a side of garlic pita.
Soup | Main