What if we told you – you could eat burgers every night?
With these JCN approved variations you can. When it comes to ordering a burger out calories can add up fast; from the bun, the type of protein source, the condiments and the excessive oil. Our healthy variations are quick, easy, tasty, and hit the spot – and if prepared properly they will hit your plan too!
Our recommended burger partners:
- Burger bun – as per the carb portion from your plan
- Leafy greens/salad (cos, rocket, iceberg etc.)
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- 2-3 slices pickled cucumber OR fresh cucumber
- Approved JCN Sauce
THAI CHICKEN BURGER
- Chicken mince – as per the protein portion from your plan
- ½ bunch of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2t of garlic, crushed
- 1t of fish sauce
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, diced
- 1t stevia
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
Mix all ingredients together and form into patties. Either fry in a non-stick pan until cooked through or bake in the oven. Build your burger!
- Wholemeal pita breads – as per the carb portion from your plan
- Hoki (fresh or frozen) – as per the protein portion from your plan
- 2t each – rock salt, garlic powder, chilli and lime seasoning, smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
Coat your fish in your spices and either fry in a non-stick pan until cooked through or bake in the oven. Build your burger!
- Lean beef mince – as per the protein portion on your plan
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½t salt
- ¼t pepper
- 1 1/2t ground paprika
- ¼t cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients together and form into patties. Either fry in a non-stick pan until cooked through or bake in the oven. Serve with american mustard!
- Haloumi – as per the fat portion on your plan
- Slice of firm tofu (pressed overnight) – as per the protein portion on your plan
- 1t onion powder
- 1t smoked paprika
- 1t ground cumin
- 1/4t chili powder
- 1t minced garlic
- 1t worcester sauce
- 1/2t minced garlic
- 25mls Nandos Periperi sauce
- 1t mild american mustard
Rub tofu with spices and set a side. In a small dish mix sauce ingredients together and gather salad ingredients ready on a chopping board.
Heat grill or fry pan on high, spray with cooking spray and sear one side of the tofu for 2-3 minutes. Flip then baste the cooked side with pre-made Periperi sauce. After another 2-3 minutes, flip and baste. Repeat this step once more then add halloumi on top over the tofu, cover with a lid and let halloumi start to melt.
Remove tofu from the pan and re-spray with oil and add in the burger bun. Toast in the same pan as tofu was in until crispy. Assemble burger by adding the salad ingredients to the bun and top with the tofu and halloumi and any left over basting sauce.