- Delmaine Authentic Italian Potato Gnocchi – as per your carb portion from your plan
- 80g Delmaine Pomodoro pasta sauce per serve
- Mozzarella – as per your fat portion from your plan
- Handful of fresh basil, big leaves for sauce, small leaves for garnish
Serve with a portion of protein or try this recipe with our meatballs
- Lean beef mince – as per your protein portion from your plan
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- Handful fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1t minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 200deg on fan bake.
Bring pot of water to boil and add in gnocchi, once they have all risen to the surface they’re cooked, drain in a colander and rinse with cold water then set aside.
In a large bowl mix together meatball ingredients and roll into evenly sized balls.
Line an oven proof dish with baking paper, spray lightly with cooking spray and place meatballs in the tray 2-3cm apart. Place in the oven and cook for 10-15mins.
While meatballs are cooking, in a small pot add the pomodoro sauce and bring to a simmer. Once simmering finely slice basil leaves and mix through. Keep warm until meat balls are cooked.
Once meatballs are cooked take out of the oven and pour over half of the pomodoro sauce.
Stir remaining sauce through the gnocchi and add to a plate. Grate over mozzarella, top with meat balls and residual sauce.
Finally, garnish with the small fresh basil leaves and ENJOY!