- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Potato, cut into small cubes – as per half your carb portion from your plan
- Kumara, cut into small cubes – as per half your carb portion from your plan
- 1 whole carrot, diced
- 1/2 leek, finely chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil – as per your fat portion from your plan
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Dried chilli flakes to taste preference
Heat oil (or spray oil) in a large pot, then fry off cumin seeds, garlic, onion & leek until onions begin to soften. Stir through the remaining spices and fry for a further 1-2mins.
Add the remaining veg to the pot and coat in the spice mix. Add the stock, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 30-40mins or until the potato and kumara have softened and started to break apart. Blend everything together with a stick blender and season with salt & pepper to your taste.
Top with a protein of your choice, we recommend smoked white fish, soft boiled eggs, or falafel as per the protein portion from your plan.