- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼t Chinese Five Spice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1t sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 3 stalks of lemon grass (squashed)
- 1T fish sauce
- 1T freshly grated ginger
- 1 kaffir lime leaf (or the zest of 1 lime)
- 4 cups of beef stock
Beef + Noodles
- Vermicelli noodles – use carb portion as per your plan
- Beef steak – use protein portion as per your plan
- Mung beans
- Spring onion
- Asian herbs (mint, coriander, etc.)
Combine all ingredients in the broth in a large pot and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.
Cook rice noodles as per packet instructions. Drain and place in bowls.
Season beef and cook to your liking (slightly rare is best) and then set aside to rest before thinly slicing.
Adjust broth to taste (may need some more fish sauce and/or soy sauce) then strain.
Add broth to bowls, top with herbs and beef.
Soup | Dairy Free