Seems the world is going crazy for banana bread – and so are we! Banana bread is a comforting food and can make a great snack, but if you are on a weightloss or health journey we have to eliminate those unnecessary calories – with this recipe we just feel you don’t need them! We think its sweet enough!
6 Serves – 205 calories per serve
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas – the browner the better
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of anchor protein yoghurt ( Greek will also work well )
- 1 large cup of oats ( you can blend into a flour )
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate chips
Heat oven to 180 degrees fan or thermo bake.
Mash bananas add your yoghurt, oil and eggs then mix well. Then add all your dry ingredients – except chips. Fold mixture until completely mixed through then fold through you chips.
Pop into either a cake tin or muffin moulds and cook for 20 minutes – check after 20 minute by probing with a skewer to see if your bread is cooked through if not pop back in for a further 10 minutes and check again until cooked.